With the bicentennial of the Battle of Waterloo a few months away, we will be maintaining the tradition of a Duchess of Richmond’s Ball in 2015. It’s going to be a fun, light-hearted evening that will mark the significant moment in European history 200 years ago.
Dress is Black or White Tie. Uniforms and decorations may be worn.
At last year’s ball, the evening included:
- Military Band to greet guests arriving at the Ball for a champagne reception
- Re-enactment team in period costumes providing a guard of honour
- 3-course dinner with red and white wine
- Silent charity auction
- Ballroom dancing
- Cash bar and other entertainments after dinner
- Modern dancing to end the evening